Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Today I mourn

Received a forwarded email from my Aunt this morning and there I see it.

GOLDEN CHURN CREAMERY BUTTER TIDAK HALAL.


Press release by Majlis Islam Sarawak


Those living in Sarawak knows our famous Kek Lapis Sarawak and most Sarawak cookies are made with this butter as based. The butter helps to make our cake soft, creamy and the cookies sepor (not sure with the term in English?) The use of this butter as the main ingredient of our Sarawak cakes is done for so many years, even before my Opah's time!

Nyaman di renyok ngan nasik panas-panas and kicap!

On another note, it's good that they've discovered this matter now. As Muslims, we don't want to have pig's DNA in our food now do we. Hope those who gets this press release forward it to others as well.

I wonder what will everyone use to make their Kek Lapis and Semperet this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment