Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I got the job!

A few weeks back I was called for an interview for a post in a local power utility company. The interview day was in between my trip back and forth to KL and Miri so it was hectic trying to unpack then pack, preparing for the interview and rushing to the airport because my flight to Miri was the same day and immediately after the interview. Just thinking back about that day tires my brain already.

After graduation, this was my third interview. The first one, they didn't get back to me (fail lah), second was for my current job then this was the third, and also the most nerve wrecking! The session itself went really well but the agony of waiting for my turn was horror!

My turn was supposedly at 2pm so I was ready for a 2pm session. Thing is my flight to Miri was at 5.15pm so I was pretty much gambling with time hoping I'd get done with the interview just in time to be at the airport not to miss my flight. But a friend called saying that I could actually change my session to join hers in the morning!

So I called in and changed my session time but thing is, it was a first come first interview basis. I was already number 14. Guess what? Though I opt for the morning session, being number 14, my turn was also at 2pm -_- I had to wait for my turn from 10.30am! Imagine if I had not change my session time. I do get a bit worried seeing the number of people turning up for the interview, there were like 24 of them in total slimming out my chance on getting the job.

2 weeks later, got another phone call and I GOT THE JOB! *jumps up and down goes round and round throws confetti!*

Alhamdulillah :)

The friend I mentioned previously is a current colleague and we both got the job so yes, you can imagine the situation in my current office since we're both quitting at the same time!

Today is my second last day at work. Packing most of my things already and squeezing in some time to finish up as much outstanding works as I can while typing out a handover note to my boss.

Those who know me knows how much I wanted to leave my current company for various reasons. So I'm not really sad and sappy when it comes to handing in my resignation and quitting this job. To those who expects a speech of how I will miss it here, sorry disappoint you. But I am grateful and thankful that a year and a half ago, my boss gave me the opportunity to start my career here right after my graduation with no experience in hand.

Photobucket
My view 6 days a week for the past one year and a half

Photobucket
My kitty cat calendar I bought in Kuching

Starting work at the new place after Hari Raya. Will be getting a month rest while getting done with more Wedding related stuff. It's two months to go to the Wedding!

Oh by the way, I made it in time to the airport that day. Flight was at 5.15pm, arrived at the airport at 4.30pm. At 5.20pm they announced, the flight was delayed for TWO hours.

-_-

Free mcD meal though and glad Zech was with me. Thank you Sayang for driving me around, checking us in ahead of time and getting me a folder in between the interview! xoxo.

2 comments:

Balqiz said...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My doa so very the powerful one. Now, bow to me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Aih...

Nadia said...

aok ooooo.... ahahahaha! Oh you so powerful you THANK YOU! ahaha....

Post a Comment