Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Designed by yours truly

I haven't had a short deadline for the longest time in my life I think was gasping even in my sleep! But the feeling of looking at the accomplishment after that, now that is priceless.

I finally got my first official designing job! Not something I do to help family or friends but an actual design of posters and banners for an event coming up here in KK. For the first time ever, my own work will be printed out HUGE and be displayed around the city for thousands of eyes to see every single day! And I get to put in a "Designed by" ad for myself on the banner. Now how cool is that! I didn't want to have my name and number, so I had my email address instead. But with my FULL NAME! LOL.

This job was so last minute though. I had the confirmation at noon and they wanted the design to be done and emailed back to them for review the same day. So I went home for lunch and started the concept of the design, then went back to the office. Came back from the office at 5pm then get back to it again and managed to email them the design by 8pm. I only get to shower after that!

Zech made me bread burger (beef burger using toasted white bread cos we didn't have the burger bun) for dinner so ate that while struggling to finish up my design. Thank you Sayang!

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. Woke up with an email at 6.30am today saying they liked my design and would want me to reconstruct it to fit a banner that they would print out! I was so happy I jumped right off bed and told my mom, called Zech up and fixed my bed with a smile :)

They did mentioned however, they wanted the revised design by noon. TODAY.

So I packed my laptop and designed during lunch while fueling myself up with Spicy Chicken McDeluxe. Managed to get it done on time and emailed it before heading back to the office to settle my other office works.

I am tired but I am happy! I told Zech that I would want to be there when they get the banner up so I could take pictures with it. It is history in the making!

I won't be releasing any of my work here just yet but I will very soon, maybe a week before the event starts :)

But I can however provide you a link to the event on their facebook page, CLICK CLICK. The poster is already up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment