Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

I curled my hair for the first time EVER!

I've been wanting to curl my hair for years now but don't really have the guts to do it. Not a risk taker when it comes to my hair. I've been on the same hairstyle almost all my life, just longer and shorter (but it has to be below shoulders). Mom disapproves me spoiling my hair with all types of chemicals too so she's not into me doing any coloring, straightening or curling of any sort. Though I managed to color it once 2 years back but didn't get around of doing it again. Maintenance is such a fuss and expensive!

I finally did it yesterday. I opt for digital perm and the whole thing took FOUR hours! It was that long cos I have thick hair and since my hair is still a *ehem* virgin, it takes a lot longer time to absorb the chemicals.


Saying my last goodbye to my straight hair


Chemicals spread evenly on hair.


The thingy that makes the hair curl! My hair is long and thick. Add in those rollers and sponges I felt like I was carrying two heads instead of one. Super heavy! I couldn't even move my neck.

I came to the saloon prepared. Brought along a book I purchased yesterday. At least I didn't have to spend the FOUR hours reading some past issues of Seventeen and Cleo, or flip through pictures in the Chinese mags.



Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen. So far so good! I'm going really slow and taking my time to read this one. Don't want to finish another book so soon.


The result!

So what do you think? While doing my hair, the hair stylist asked my age and when she found out, she said I have baby face. Yes you can see me grinning from one ear to the other the whole time! But when I was done and my hair was all curled up, she then said "No more baby, big girl already!" LOL! Some commented I look more matured now. I personally like it but I'm still not used to styling curly hair so I'm a mess right now.

Not only it was FOUR hours, I had to carry those heavy curlers on my head, now I can't wash my hair for the next three days. What women are willing to go through in the name of beauty -_- No pain no gain!

3 comments:

Tailor John said...

Its very nice post. I love curly hairs.

hair growth lotion

Ida BorneoLove said...

that hair permanent??

Nadia said...

yes it is! :)

Post a Comment