Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm a Cookie

Chipsmore! Get it? Get it? Now you see me then you don't?

;P

With all my time being occupied then, being pregnant and now having a baby, I almost forgot the existence of my blog. Wonder if I still do have any visitors?

I should have remembered to blog during confinement because I was stuck at home for 44 days with Fashion Valet as my bestfriend. Think you can save money by staying home? Think again!

Since I've been away for so long, where do I start?

I gave birth the next day!

Oh yes! My last entry, I was 6 months pregnant. 3 months after that (though I was 2 weeks earlier than my due date), on 30th June 2012, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. We named her Zarra Binti Mohamad Zechary. Yes, we did get comments and questions on such a short name but we like it like that. There's no point in giving 3 names when everyone will only be calling her by her first name anyways right? Saves her the trouble of filling in forms in the future too! ;)

Zarra a few hours old with her Daddy

At only 2.75kg, she's the cutest and most adorable thing in the world. I remember feeling nervous and shocked right after seeing her for the first time. I know most would shed their tears of joy, but I didn't. I was probably more shocked and excited! It's such a miracle looking at my baby, knowing she has been in my tummy for 9 months. Now I can see and touch her, and hear her cry! Mashaallah.

She was born at 11.47pm. When she first came out, her eyes were already wide open and everyone was telling me how Zarra was the only baby still awake and moving about while the others were fast asleep or crying. Zarra was there, eyes wide open, moving her little legs and feet quietly. Pictures I edited for my instagram!


And the rest is history :) She's 3 months old last weekend and my baby is super healthy and cute!


She just had her 3 months immunisation jab last saturday. She's 6.1kg now! I hate these jabs babies have to go through. The doctor said 20% of babies who gets the jab will get a fever, so we always have to monitor her temperature. Zarra wasn't cranky after the jab, just very sleepy and weak. Perhaps drowsy. So she slept extra hours last weekend. But come Monday and Alhamdulillah, my baby is back to normal and mighty fine! She went through the jab twice already, she'll be a bit warm the next day but thankfully no fever.

Mommy and Baby Zarra before her 3 months jab

Though she woke up 4am this morning -_-. She's usually up by 5.30am - 6.30am after her midnight feeding that's around 1am or 3am. So I had to be up by 4am too but I can't go back to sleep because once we are done, it's time to get ready for work.

How time flies!


0 comments:

Post a Comment