Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Soy Protein and Whey Protein

After so many months of searching for the right exercising class, I finally found one that has just the perfect timing at Stadium Likas. They have a few classes everyday, the 5.45pm was just nice for me. I can go directly after work and yet still be home early to spend some time with Zarra :) Thanks Essy for the intro! 

Had a conversation after our workout today on the role of protein in exercise recovery (we're amateurs definitely, but still a good topic!). So I was confident saying that I'm consuming Energising Soy Protein from Shaklee so I kinda got that covered. But then I realized, just maybe it's different from Whey protein (what fitness people usually consume). If it's different, I'll have to clarify and make sure not to get the wrong info out. This leads to a bit of researching (I meant googling of course) - hoping that I was right. Well... I was kinda right. The main difference is where Soy and Whey Protein come from, and how it is derived. Many prefers Whey though Soy has gained its popularity after researches have shown that Soy protein can be used as an alternative or mixed with Whey - depending on the results that you want.
It still amazes me how Shaklee ESP has so much benefits, even more than what is already being promoted by everyone. Anyways, the workout was great and I foresee muscle pain tomorrow. Or the protein is suppose to help me ease the pain? Ok, I go google now.

P/S: I can't promote a product that I wasn't sure about. So researching and studying is definitely a must!

0 comments:

Post a Comment